A. FILL THE BLANKS WITH THE APPROPRIATE WORD FROM THE LIST.
merchant – soccer – contagious – surgeon – camping – diarrhea
1. Asthma is not a ———— disease, but AIDS is.
2. Charles will not go to work today because he has a fever and —————.
3. Paul: What is your favorite sport?
4. Tom Brown is a successful……………. He has billions of dollars in the bank.
B. FILL THE BLANKS WITH THE APPROPRIATE MODAL AUXILIARY FROM THE LIST.
may – should – can – would – must – will
- Najoua: I have a headache, what ————– I do?
Her sister: Why don’t you see a dentist?
2. It ——– rain. The sky is very cloudy.
3. Redouane is the strongest person I know. He ———- lift 100 kilos.
4. Waiter: What ————- like to drink, sir?
You: Coffee, please.
C. FIND THE MISTAKES IN THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS AND CORRECT THEM.
1. The Moroccan football team is bad than the Algerian one.
2. Cancer is the more serious disease in the world.
3. Rajae is the nicer person in our family.
4. In my opinion, English is most important than Spanish.
D. PUT THE VERBS BETWEEN BRACKETS IN THE CORRECT TENSE.
1. I hate living in Seattle because it always (to rain).
2. Be quiet! John (to sleep).
3. Sam (to arrive) in San Diego a week ago.
4. Najib : (you/ like) the movie “Star Wars?”
Jalal: Yes, I did.
E. PUT THE WORDS IN THE RIGHT COLUMN ACCORDING TO THE PRONUNCIATION
OF THE “ed” ENDINGS.
liked – decided – wanted – copied – asked – played – answered – kissed